New heritage and old heritage at Kirkham Priory as LMS Jubilee Class 6P 4-6-0 no 45699 Galatea passes with the down and up Scarborough Spa Express on Thursday, 13 July 2017.
Friday, 14 July 2017
Tuesday, 30 May 2017
A first visit to the Gloucestershire & Warwickshire Railway for their Cotswold Festival of Steam Gala on Saturday, 27 May 2017.
The video is taken at Cheltenham Racecourse, Gotherington, Winchcombe and Toddington stations.
Locomotives appearing in the video are:
- Collet 14xx class 0-4-2T no. 1450, built 1935 and auto-trailer no. W238
- Churchward 2800 class 2-8-0 no. 2807, built 1905
- Bulleid Merchant Navy class 4-6-2 no. 35006 Peninsular & Oriental SN Co, built 1941
- Modified Hall class 4-6-0 no. 7903 Foremarke Hall, built 1949
- Collett Manor class 4-6-0 7820 Dinmore Manor, built 1950
- BR Standard Class 4 2-6-0 no. 76017
Sunday, 30 April 2017
Tuesday, 25 April 2017
Our second visit to the North Norfolk Railway.
One advantage of this short picturesque railway line close to the Norfolk Coastline is there plenty of action with not long to wait between trains.
We began our journey at Holt and travelled the length of the line to Sherringham. As it was raining as the train pulled in we travelled back to Weybourne. The weather had cleared up enough to have a look around the station and a for us to take a walk along the path which gives good views of the railway and the North Sea beyond.
We walked back to Weybourne and caught a train to Sheringham to have a look around there as the weather was a bit better.
Finally, we had a ride back from Sheringham to Holt
Steam locomotives taking part in the gala were:
- LMS Stanier 8F, No. 48624, 2-8-0
- GWR 0-6-2T, 5643
- LNER B12 Class, 8572, 4-6-0
- GER Y14 Class, 564, 0-6-0
- BR Standard 4MT, 76084, 2-6-0 'Standard 4'
- Ring Haw, 1982, 0-6-0ST
Friday, 31 March 2017
You have to do something whilst waiting for the Flying Scotsman. Filmed at Dent Head Viaduct using a Panasonic DMC LX 15 and edited using Adobe Premiere Elements 15.
We had a trip out like lots of others to watch 60103 Flying Scotsman haul the Settle & Carlisle Reopening Special. Filmed at Dent Head Viaduct on the journey to Carlisle and at Aisgill on the return trip.